Sunday, November 7, 2010

EASY FONDANT RECIPE



You can see the recipe that I used at the beginning of the video.  As far as its being an EASY FONDANT RECIPE...well, this was my very first attempt at making fondant myself and things went pretty well.  The reason that I had to learn how to make fondant myself was because I had volunteered to make baby shower cupcakes and some of the cake decorating supplies that I ordered online showed up and some.did not.  The mini-rolling pin and food coloring made it in time, but at the last minute I was notified that the frosting and a few other items would be shipping way too late.

This unfortunate turn of events caused me to start looking for an easy homemade fondant recipe and directions suitable for a beginner.  I really started to consider hiring  a professional baker at this point but I had spent all my money on books and baking supplies that I thought were going to be an excellent investment!

You see, at the time that I made this video I had never frosted a cupcake in my life and had never heard of crumb coating much less made a fondant bow.  PLUS, I had just had my nails done for a beauty pageant and was afraid that they were going to be dyed purple from the gel food coloring that I used to color the tiny bow that I put on top of the cupcakes.  I tried using latex gloves but they were too big for my hands and being a total beginner, they were making the job even harder. 

BUT, all's well that ends well and nobody at the baby shower seemed to notice that the bows on the cupcakes were not perfect and the reviews on the taste of the frosting that was the result of the easy fondant recipe were all positive!  In fact, I got an "order" for some Thanksgiving turkey cupcakes at the party!  I have lots of leftover fondant that I'm going to dye in fall colors and use for my fondant turkey's feathers so stay tuned to see more easy cake decorating ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment